Saturday, June 5, 2010

[IwD2] Who's the mastah?

Looking for the strongest items in the game, I was inspired to think who might be the greatest munchkin in Icewind Dale 2. Talking about HoF mode, solo.

At first, I thought it'd be a 'clean' sorcerer, but I've made few experiments with class combinations and singled out my new munchkin winner:

1lv Paladin - for Cera Sumat (strongest weapon in game), saving throws from Charisma
4lv Fighter - for Dwarven Ogre (belt, str +6), hit points, feats, specialization
25lv Sorcerer

Race - Drow, of course


Stats
str 15 [21]
dex 20 [25]
con 16
int 6
wis 4 [8]
cha 26 [30]
(value in brackets - stats with eq)

Skills
Spellcraft - 13 (for Spirit of Flame feat)
Concentration - 18

Feats
Spell focus, Enchantment 2x (for Mass Dominate)
Spell focus, Necromancy 2x
Spirit of Flame
Combat Casting
Subvocal Casting
MARTIAL WEAPON PROFICIENCY, GREATSWORD x2
MARTIAL WEAPON PROFICIENCY, HAMMER x2
Two-Weapon Fighting (for 2 hammers)
Dirty Fighting
Improved Critical

Equipment
Helmet: Great White Wyrm's Maw [AC +1]
Armor: Chain of Drakkas' Fury [AC +1, attack +3]
Gauntlets: Brazen Bands [AC +5]
Ring 1: High Tyrannar's Band [wis +4, cha +4]
Ring 2: Aramite Cult Leader Ring [AC +3, magic res +2]
Amulet: Jaheira's Harper Pin [throws +5, Shield, Non-detection]
Belt: Dwarven Ogre [str +6]
Boots: Chimandrae's Warded Slippers [dex +5, magic res +2, Freedom of Movement]
Weapon 1: Cera Sumat
Weapon 2: Xvim's Brutal Impact [+5, +critical chance] + The Dire-Hammer Valorfoe [+3, Target will flee in fear (save vs Will)]
Cloak: Blessed Farmer's Cloak [AC +3]

Now how to fight
1. Lure big amount of enemies.
2. Cast Mass Dominate.
3. Offensive Spells: Wail of Banshee (doesn't affect allies), Horrid Wilting (affects allies and caster so careful with that), Finger of Death, etc.
Use hammers for trolls, golems, etc.

Use buffs
> Stone skin
> Mirror Images
> Improved Invisibility
> Haste
> Emotions: Hope
> Aegis
> Iron Body > Tenser's Transformation - only in necessity, casting any spells after Iron Body is hard but once you succeed you're becoming almost immortal:
physical damage resistance + magic resistance 40-50 + about 100 HP from Tenser's Transformation which gives overall about 330 HP.

1 comment:

  1. I am Rebecca, i will like to let every know that there is a true and real spell caster out there and he has helped me in so many way just a few days since i came in contact with him through the help of my good friend who introduced me to him. he did a love spell for me and assured me that after 2days, my ex husband will return to me and to my greatest surprise the 2day my ex came knocking at my door begging for forgiveness. I am so happy that my love is back again. Once again thank you Dr, Shakiki, You are truly a great man wow this man has brought back the joy in my life that was stolen and now i live a better and sound life. he bring back my divorce husband home with his love spell, when i lost my husband.he is true to his word and he is here in the world to help mankind. he is the realest of all spell caster online. he is LORD Dr.Shakiki. you can get him via email: LORDSHAKIKISPELL@GMAIL.COM OR LORDSHAKIKISPELL@YAHOO.COM and i swear a trial will convince you and you will be a happy with you lover again call him +2348100399287

    ReplyDelete