I used to play Morrowind quite much, but when I returned to the game lately I became quite dissapointed after few hours. However, before I dish out this cRPG I'm going to create a clear statement showing what pleased me and what didn't.
+ essentially complex and original world (but a bit too high-fantasy as for me). it's a pity that realisation wasn't the same
+ guilds, guild-houses
+ interesting, innovative character development: growing skills by training, ability to create own class
+ alchemy, blacksmith, ability to create own items, conjuring
+ magic system: own spells, teleports, jumps, levitation
+ robing houses might be nice ;)
+ easy-moddable engine, lot of fan-made mods (tough many of them are just a crap)
- world empty, dull and uggly graphically. grey, pale coloristic. size of the world doesn't decides about game's success.
- combat system, lack of some special attacks/feats for fighters, limited tactical possibilities (excluding magic)
- somewhat fabulous spell effects
- somewhat artificial animations
- as hell irritating monsters and NPCs
- boring main plot, in fact secondary quests too
- same sountrack goes on and on
Summing up: Morrowind isn't a bad game, has some advantages. But why play it when there are better cRPGs? ;)